One of the most frequently asked questions from our customers is how can you tell if early symptoms are from a cold or the flu?
Common cold and influenza do share some characteristics but also have distinguishing features.
What do they share?
1. Viruses are the predominant cause of both so antibiotics rarely work.
2. Some symptoms can appear the same – congestion, headache, sore throat, cough, fatigue.
3. Both can last 1-2 weeks and lead to missed work and school.
How do they differ?
1. Cold symptoms tend to come on gradually whereas flu symptoms hit hard and fast.
2. Body aches, high fever (above 102 degrees), chills, nausea and vomiting are symptoms of influenza not the common cold.
3. Fatigue is usually much more severe with the flu, feeling like you cannot get out of bed.
Rest, good nutrition and staying hydrated are helpful to recover from both the common cold and influenza.
Nenningers Naturals Cold & Sinus Solution and Triple Flu Defense have entirely unique set of remedies formulated to fight these different viruses and symptoms.